Friday, May 8, 2009

And the Road is Long with Many a Winding Turn


Okay so we are being encouraged to participate in the North Texas 23. Over the course of the summer I am supposed to become familiar/comfortable with 23 new forms of technology.

I am not a complete Luddite but I feel overextended: what with my myspace page, my facebook page, just plain old email, and for some crazy reason I created a Twitter account (but none of my friends tweet). Tweet sounds just too close to tweak for my brain.

I haven't posted to flickr although I have had fun looking at other people's photos. Same thing with YouTube. I have watched TONS of videos but have never uploaded anything. I've been in awe of LibraryThing for about four years but haven't gotten around to putting my books into it.

Other things I'm going to learn are delicious, Google docs, LibWorm, Digg, Ning...
It looks like the summer is turning out to be quite interesting! Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll embrace all these new toys and won't mind having a computer as integral part of my body!

3 comments:

  1. I have always loved the term Luddite! I agree with feeling over extended. Looks like you have the blog skills down (including graphics!)Of course you would having contributed to Feast on books. Keep up the good work:)
    dsk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! I'm feeling just a bit overwhelmed with all my techieness. When it takes me over an hour to read my email, rss feeds, twitter, facebook and clicking on the many interesting links included in all of the above, I don't know how I'm going to keep up with one more thing. But since DPL is going to start using social-networking with our new Teen Centers I felt like I needed to get a better handle on how it all works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greeting's fellow incomplete ludite!! i have sensory overlode. I just have to do one thing at a time.....

    ReplyDelete