Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Rabbit Holes (or should I say Black Holes) Abound

I have used flickr to look at other people's photos. I have spent hours clicking through photos of neon signs or waterfalls or Banff. Flickr is a rabbit hole. Or maybe a black hole is a better description because I get sucked in and the life in me in sucked out. Before I know it, I have spent two hours on Flickr looking for a photo of a waterfall in NY for one part of a blog posting.

I have never been a part of Flickr; I was a lurker. But for Thing 3 I decided to upload some of my pics instead of just getting sucked in to the black hole that is Flickr. It was really easy. This is one of the reasons I wish my parents would get a computer with the internet. But hey they still have a rotary phone line so I have a long way to go with them. I like that I can make some of my photos private (like most of the ones of my son) and others public (like the ones of my cat).

Our library has posted photos on Flickr. I don't know if it was "official" or not. My concern about posting photos from library events is the release form. When the photos are put in the newspaper everyone in the photo has to sign a release form. Are all these libraries doing this with their Flickr accounts? Is there an easy way to get the release form signed? Maybe it should be part of the library card application.

I gotta make this one short because I need to find a photo of Montour Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment